Chapter 1: Personal Information Protection Policy
As a member of the information service industry, Information Development Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “we,” “us,” or the “company”) works to contribute to the healthy development of an advanced information‐oriented society, to recognize our social responsibility in taking suitable measures to protect personal information, and to bring all of our employees together as a single unit for the sufficient protection of personal information.
1. The acquisition of personal information shall be performed using legitimate and fair means, upon clarifying the purpose of use, while the use and provision of this information shall be done within the scope of purpose. If we ever use or provide personal information in a manner beyond this scope, we will obtain the subject individual’s consent prior to doing so.
However, when dealing with specific personal information, we shall only use or prescribe that which is prescribed in the Basic Resident Registration Act, Article 19, regardless of whether or not consent is obtained from the subject individual.
2. Executives and all employees (including contractors, part time employees, temporary workers, and outsourced workers) shall comply with the laws and ordinances, government prescribed policies, and other criteria related to personal information.
3. All behavioral criteria and operation standards needed to protect personal information shall be integrated into company regulations
(via the personal information protection management system) and be complied with.
4. We shall do our utmost to always take the best possible security control measures to prevent personal information risks, such as leakage, destruction, or damage of personal information. Moreover, if any deficiencies are discovered, we shall revise them as needed.
5. A help desk is available to provide appropriate response to any complaints or queries concerning the handling of personal information the subject individual may have.
6. In order to maintain adequate protection of personal information, we shall work to continually improve upon our personal information protection management system through in-house oversight, management environment, etc.
Enacted on April 1, 2019
President and Representative Director
Information Development Co., Ltd.
Chapter 2: Handling of Personal Information by Our Company
1. Purpose of use for personal information
We collect and use personal information solely to the extent required to achieve the following purposes. If we ever use personal information in a manner beyond the following scope, we will obtain the subject individual’s consent before doing so.
[Consulting / Software development / System operation management / Cloud・Security /
（１）Communications required for contract-based business.
（２）Various information and questionnaire surveys regarding exhibitions and seminars in which we participate in.
（３）Notifications and questionnaires regarding our products and services.
（４）Response to various queries and comments.
（５）Implementation of information processing services, etc. based on the consignment contract with the consignor.
（６）Management of company shares.
（８）Confirmation of applicants about recruitment activities, notification of interview result, contact about preparations for joining the company.
The above corresponds to the purpose of use of retained personal data except for (5).
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties (including those in other countries)
We will not disclose any personal information to third parties, except in the following cases.
（１）When the subject individual’s consent has been obtained
（２）When required by law
（３）When required to protect the life, body, or property of an individual while it is difficult to obtain the individual’s consent
（４）When required to improve public health or promote sound childrearing while difficult to obtain the subject individual’s consent
（５）When required to cooperate with a government institution, local public entity, or designated individual or entity for executing
administrative tasks prescribed by law or ordinance, and there is a risk that obtaining the subject individual’s consent would
interfere with the execution of those tasks.
3. Entrusting another entity to handle personal information
In some cases, we may entrust the handling of some or all of an individual’s acquired personal information within the scope of stated purpose of use.
In such a case, the selected entity must fulfill our consignee selection standards, and we shall perform necessary and appropriate oversight of selected consignee.
4. Security Control Measures for Personal Information
We shall safely and appropriately manage personal information in accordance with each risk to prevent leakage, destruction, or damage of that information. Moreover, we shall carry out the necessary and suitable oversight of employees and contractors that handle personal information.
5. Creation and provision of anonymously processed information
We do not handle anonymously processed information.
6. Voluntariness and results of providing personal information
Personal information is provided to us at the discretion of the subject individual. However, if we are unable to receive a portion of or all of the required personal information, we may not be able to provide it in an appropriate manner for the stated purpose of use.
7. Dealing with requests to disclose, revise, or delete personal information
At the request of the subject individual, we shall provide notification, disclosure, revision, etc. of the individual’s retained personal data, as well as suspension of use, halting of provision to a third party, etc. (hereinafter “Disclosure, etc.”) upon request. The procedures involved are covered in Chapter 6.
Chapter 3: Handling of Specific Personal Information by Our Company
1. Purpose of use for specific personal information
When we acquire specific personal information, we will use it for the following purposes.
|Office activities (including those to the right) involving the personal numbers of executives and employees (including dependents)||
Office activities related to tax withholding, etc.
Creation of applications for tax exemptions and deductions (changes),
Creation of salary payment reports, etc.
Creation of salaried worker change forms related to the special
collection of salary payment reports, etc.
Creation of transition applications, etc. for special collection
Creation of retirement income related reports, etc.
Creation of reports, forms, applications, etc. for property accumulation and savings for house construction,
Creation of reports for health insurance, welfare pension, corporate pension, etc.
Notification, etc. for third grade of the national pension
Application for health insurance, welfare pension, corporate pension, etc.
Notification, application, etc. for employment insurance
Provided to create a record of payment for members of the employee shareholding association
Office activities (including those to the right) involving the personal numbers of individuals other than executives and employees
Creation of payment records for remunerations, fees, etc.
Creation of payment records for real estate usage fees, etc.
2. Scope of use for specific personal information
When handling personal numbers, our scope of use for these numbers and the specific personal information that is managed in relation to these numbers is as follows.
（１）The personal numbers of executives, employees, and their dependents, as well as information managed with those numbers, such as name, date of birth, gender, address, phone number, and employee number.
（２）The personal numbers of individuals other than executives and employees, including the information managed together with those numbers such as name, date of birth, gender, address, and phone number, to be used for personal number related activities.
3. Provision of specific personal information to a third party
Specific personal information will not be provided to a third party, regardless of whether or not consent is obtained from the subject individual, excluding information as prescribed in the Basic Resident Registration Act, Article 19.
Chapter 4: Cookies
Our website uses a technology called “cookies” on some of its pages. “Cookies” make it more convenient for those who have visited the website once to visit again, by sending data to the user’s browser for reference. However, no personal information is gathered when using cookies. You can also turn off the “cookies” function by going into browser settings.
Chapter 5: SSL
Our website includes SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology, so that all users can enter their personal information safely and securely. SSL encryption technology prevents leakage of information communicated between the browser and web server. Using SSL improves website security by encrypting all personal information before it is sent.
Chapter 6: Procedures dealing with requests for disclosure, etc.
1. Retained personal data for disclosure, etc.
Disclosure etc. of personal information is only done with personal information that is retained by our company (referred to as “retained personal data”), which we are authorized to disclose.
2. A form should be submitted to request disclosure, etc. in writing, with other forms of request available as well
Please use the “Application for Disclosure Etc. of Personal Information” to request in writing.
3. How to confirm that the requester for disclosure, etc. is the actual individual or a representative
We need to see a driver license, passport, or other official document to confirm that the subject individual or a representative is making the request, so please enclose a copy together with the “Application for Disclosure Etc. of Personal Information” mentioned above before sending. Moreover, when a representative is making the request, a letter of attorney showing proof of representation is required (for a guardian to indicate he or she is the legal representative for a minor, a copy of a family register or resident card establishing proof of relationship, with the names of both the individual and representative on it, must be submitted).
4. Fees, etc.
For purpose of use notification or content disclosure requests, a fee of ¥1,000 must be paid to cover shipping and other actual costs. Please enclose a ¥1,000 postage stamp together with the application. If the fee money is insufficient, or is not included with the application, you will be contacted. If payment is not made within the allowed period, the disclosure request will not be recognized.
Chapter 7: How to Contact Us
Bancho Kaikan Building
12-1 Gobancho, Chiyoda-ku,
Tokyo, Japan 102-0076
INFORMATION DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD.
Information Security Help Desk
Project Management and Information Systems Dept.
Enacted on April 1, 2019
Latest Revision: January 1, 2021
Executive Corporate Officer
(Chief Information Officer)
Information Development Co., Ltd.